Thursday, November 10, 2016

Giving yourself permission to play

I think everyone needs to give themselves permission to play every now and again. I don't mean this in a bad way. What I am meaning is that everyone needs time to just do some of the silly things that we all want to do from time to time.

Maybe your play is sitting and drawing and not caring about what it is or what others think of it. It could be running around in a backyard and doing silly things. The word play means basically just taking a bit of a break from the day to day routine and do something out of the ordinary.

For me time to play is sitting with my sketch book and drawing different things and seeing how they turn out. I really don't care that they aren't perfect I just care that I have enjoying doing it and no one can say anything because this is my enjoyment. It also means giving my mind a break from the routine and doing other things that I would love to try out. I know that I walk through Michaels sometimes and look at all the different things and say i would like to try that just once to see what it is like. Yes that is some of the play that I would like to do. If I could pick up some modelling clay and just have fun with it and not care that would make me very happy. I think I even have some of it at home so maybe this weekend I will find a bit of time to play and see what happens.
Little clay bear

Well I did pick up some of that modelling clay and had some fun and am very glad that I did. It gave me the time to play and no one could say anything about how things turned out. These projects were for me and I am happy with want I did. The little clay bear isn’t perfect but I don’t care because I had fun making him. The yarn bowl that I made isn’t totally smooth but I am happy with how it turned out because I made it and painted it.
Inside of yarn bowl

Yarn bowl
Your don't need to ask someone else permission to do the playing that you want. It is your own time and your space so why should someone else have to allow you to do it. The permission you need is from yourself so that you can enjoy the time. What you need is just a little bit of time to do something and see where it goes. You may find that something you thought was play becomes something that you enjoy doing and you will do in more often in the future.

Give yourself permission to play, dream or whatever you want but remember you are the only one that can give you this permission so go for it and enjoy the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment