Thursday, April 19, 2012

Facing challenges

Everyone faces challenges during their life, and right now I am facing a challenge of trying to deal with a broken thumb on my dominate (left) hand.  Yes, it is tough currently, but I do know that things will get better after this.  I am finding that so many things that I do with my left hand are a little harder with my right hand.

See I am wearing a brace on my left thumb which prevents me from bending my thumb, but it also means that I can't feel when I am holding anything with that finger either.  Some of the challenges have been easy to overcome like holding a glass of water, but other things like picking up pieces of paper aren't so easy.

This brace is going to be part of my life for between 12 and 18 weeks, so I know I will learn how to deal with all the challenges, but it does get frustrating.  One thing I have learned through this is how much I do use my left hand and how little I use my right hand.  I know that after all of this, I am going to be able to use my right hand for more things without thinking.  The other thing that I have learned through this is sometimes you need to ask for help when you can't do something yourself.  Don't be afraid to ask for that help.

Facing challenges is something that we all do quite often, so when you get an additional challenge to face you just deal with it and move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment